Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't get much better than this in Ohio

4-18-09-
Otter and Marcus arranged a tour of some of madison counties finest hidden fishin holes. The weather was unbelievable for Columbus. 74 degrees, a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky. We were thinking after 3 days of rain and 2 days of sun the fish would be active. We drive way out into the country and pull up on the side of the road to park. Directly across the street is an impromptu country biker bar with about 20 big bikers sitting on their bikes. I'm like uhh otter you sure we should park here? Marcus was good friends with the bikers tattooist, so we were good to go. A little unnerving that's for sure.
We walked under a bridge on Deer Creek and posted up in a spot that Otter had caught a big smallmouth the weekend before. Quickly I hooked up with a Rock Bass. I've never caught rock bass before but they were fun to catch and eatin up the live bait. Otter and I caught quite a few in the first hour.










otter with a rock bass



The weather was so awesome that we all tied up some live bait, put our poles on sticks and kicked back. All of the sudden my line took off. I jumped up and set the hook and it was a tank. After catching small rock bass all day i thought I had a monster smallmouth or a catfish. I got it up to the surface and it was a big ugly ass Carp. I was kinda let down, but it was a big fish and he put up a good fight. measured 19 inches. the nasty hooks otter had ripped that poor bastard up.












them's good eatin!




Deer Creek treated us pretty well. I was bummed to not get Smallmouth, but the fish were biting and I caught a good sized fish I had never caught before. We packed up and went to a private pond that Marcus's aunt owns. The fishing was slow, but we caught a few more largemouths on senko's and some blue gill.
All in all, we caught a gang of fish and the weather was perfect. It don't get much better than that. For the record, I caught the first fish, the most fish and the biggest fish. come get some marcus and otter

1 comment:

  1. WTF... Where are your updates... Don't you fish in the rain?

    ReplyDelete