Sunday, May 3, 2009

I want to be a weatherman

May 1st 2009-

Weathermen have the greatest jobs. "eh, i'd say about 40% chance of rain." it may or may not rain. I'm qualified to figure that out on my own. Needless to say, their accuracy rates aren't on say, a doctors level. Would you want an architech getting things right about half the time?

Jason and I came extremely close to becoming the weatherman's next victim. Friday evening Jay and I went to the lake off Grandview and 670. It rained all morning but cleared up and the forecast called for clouds and a possible pop up shower. Clouds were moving in and out quickly but we didn't get hit. That was going to change quickly.
As soon as we came out of the clearing in the path you could see at least a dozen monster carp right up by the bank. We tried for a second to catch one on a worm, but there wasn't time to waste. We were there for the bass. We got a couple bites on live bait but there wasn't a fish to be had.
This lake is disgusting. There is trash EVERYWHERE. It sits right off the overpass and the first time i was there a bottle came flying down that had been thrown from a passing car. I think it's too nasty to hold bass. There were carp everywhere and they were active. Musta been spawning. I threw out some live bait and it slowly took off. I set the hook and it felt like a rock, but i knew it was carp right away. I got it up to the bank and yelled down to Jay to come with the pliers. The fish threw the hook and swam off. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Get that nasty bastard off my line. Welp, we're here and there's carp. We might as well try to catch em.

As I was getting ready to bait the hook again Jay looked up and said "I dont' like the look of those clouds comin." It was a wall of black. We were at least a half mile from the car and it was coming. The temp was dropping and it looked ominous. We packed our stuff up and high tailed it out of there. As soon as we got back to the car it started POURING.

After fishing we were in the mood to eat some fish.We came back to the house to grill some Salmon and the rain was hammering down. Then the tornado siren started going off and Franklin County was under a Tornado Warning! The only thing to do at that point was to go to the basement, drink daquiris and play darts. Guess it ended up alright.

40% chance of rain huh? Guess he was right afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment