Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First catch of the year!

March 22nd, 2009-

Hello Spring!!! Went out this morning to see if i could catch that first bass of the season. It's been a loooong painful winter, and the weather is just starting to break. I went to a pond behind some apartments I used to live at in Hilliard. We caught alot of nice fish there last season, but I'm bound and determined to step up my game in 09. And that first bass is oh, so crutial to get the season open. I only had an hour or so to fish before I had to go to washington courthouse with the yak. (I call the wife the yak for some reason)
After trying unsuccessfully with crankbaits and swimbaits i switched to a dark colored swimming senko. I was just thinking in my mind "man it's been so long since I've caught a fish I almost forget what it feels like to have a fish on."
Just then, I felt my line take off. heyyyyy i know that feelin!! then you yank that rod and start the tug of war. The fish was a pretty small largemouth. That didn't matter. It was the first fish of the season. I took a picture of me makin out with it. I'd like to give a shout out to Bill for hookin me up with the custom color swimming senko from San Diego California!!










After the exhilerating birthday party for our 3 year old Nephew, i came back in the afternoon and continued fishing the senko. I switched spots to a pond closer to the apartments I'd ever fished before. On the second cast I caught a good sized largemouth and was grinnin ear to ear. the bite was on.







A few casts later I thought my hook was caught on a rock and jerked it sharply to get it freed. The sucker took off and it was a monster. my drag was screaming. i got the big boy close and swung him up and out of the water onto the bank. it was a tank!!! YAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! i couldnt believe the girth on this thing. im goin apeshit at this point...people were looking out their windows at my dumbass yelling over this fish. The girl was obviously pregnant as hell and I didn't want to stress her out much. So I just grabbed a quick picture with my cell phone. It's by far the biggest bass I've ever caught, and an unbelievable way to start the fishing season.



You don't feel bad tellin your buddies you hooked up with a cow over the weekend when she looks like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment