Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Gift From Above

Oct 30th-

TALKIN BOUT A HEAT WAAAAVE! Friday Oct 30th was an interesting day to say the least. I was out sick the day before with a sore throat and fever. I woke up Friday morning feeling like hell. I took a nap from about 10-3 and woke up at 3 with the sun BEATING down and about 72 degrees. I went outside for the first time for the day and just couldn't sit inside with the weather like this. I decided that sitting in front of the TV was the same as sitting in a chair watching a bobber. I got a bunch of live bait and went out to see what was biting.

About an hour later I was bored catching bluegill and needed to meet the yak shortly to go Halloween costume shopping. (fun times indeed...) It was actually windy-er than a sack full of farts (thanks Grandpa) and I decided to roll a black spinner bait on the side of the pond that the wind was blowing to. I figured the wind would blow the baitfish to that end and the Bass might be down there feeding.

On what was to be my last cast, something came up and creamed the spinner. I had the hook set but he spit it out before i could land him. That's happened so many times to me with spinnerbaits this year. i need to get a better hookset or something. I decided to run it through the same area one more time and sure enough he came back for it. WHAM!!!!!! This time i wasn't about to lose him, so i kept setting the hook as i reeled like all hell to get the whopper landed. I could not believe my eyes when i got the donkey on shore.
I couldn't be happier for a late October bass. I never thought I had a chance at something this big until April when the water warms up and the fish are in Pre-Spawn. It's amazing how quickly an illness leaves your body when you catch a 4lb bass!! Cross October of the catch list!

No comments:

Post a Comment