Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Now That's What I Call Bass Thumb!

April 28th-

What a hell of a day. Had a terrific day at work selling my ass off and I decided to cap it off with a trip out to the honey hole. Mike came along because he hadn't caught a fish yet this year and I wanted to make certain that streak ended today. Boy did it ever.

Within a few casts of the buzzbait Mike dropped it right on top of a bass's head and he immedately blew up on it. First fish of the year and it was on topwater!




I started out with a white spinnerbait and caught 5 within a few minutes. The spinner bait bite died off pretty quickly so we switched to Senko's. I started out with green and they just absolutely went ballistic. I was catchin em left and right. I hooked up with this nice 3lber which is a damn good size for this lake. After catching 10 smaller bass it was nice to hook this giant!




We continued at this pace slaying bass. Mike would get hot and catch them on consecutive casts, then I'd hit 3 or 4 in a row. I set the hook on one fish and thought it was a nice bass and it ended up being this GIANT 10 inch bluegill!! That's fish ohio size! It's the biggest blue gill i've EVER caught in my life. This thing was bigger than both of my hands!




We caught bass on every color and size of senko. I'd cast it out, let it sink and then pop it up and make a few reels. They would grab it and take off and I'd just lay back and cross their eyes I hit them so hard. I even broke a rod landing one of them! That's how hard we hit them...broke a freakin rod on their asses.

I ended up catching 31, yes 31 largemouth and a 10 inch Fish Ohio Bluegill. Needless to say, I've got some CRAZY bass thumb going on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment