Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools, But I Ain't Playin...Career Best LM

April 1st, 2011-

Oh, it's no joke amigos...I finished the Month of March at 149% to sales plan, 138% for the year which is in the top 50 of 1800 Account Managers in Grainger . I figured I deserved an afternoon off to see if anything was biting. I started at my favorite spot on the Darby and casted into the riffles and let the Jig drift through the current. Within the first few casts I felt the Jig get crushed and set the hook like a caveman who's been hibernating all winter.

After an epic fight I landed this 17" 3lb 7oz smallmouth
I figured it wouldn't get much better than that on a cold windy day in April- post cold front. I decided I'd let the River spot cool off and bring Mark back there once he showed up. I walked back up to the honey hole to see if any Largemouth were biting. I wasn't very optimistic because of the 20 MPH wind and murky lake.

I had my brand new waders on and was standing in the water casting a watermelon/red flake Yamamoto Senko...10 feet from me I felt something blast the worm. I'm fishing with a new 7 foot rod that doesn't require the Eric Dotson "Jump-Set" Technique, so I calmly set the hook and just knew right away it was special.

Maybe it was the drag screaming as the fish ran. Maybe it was the adrenaline. Whatever the cause, I knew I had a giant fish hooked. I let the fish wear herself out until I could ease her, and me, up to the bank. I lipped the monster and ran up to the top of the hill. That's when all hell broke loose. I tend to go nuts when I catch a 3lber. Nothing compares to the reaction I had today. I went absolutely BERZERK.

I'll just post the rest of the pictures and let you check them out. What you need to know is that this is the biggest Largemouth Bass I've ever personally caught, measured, weighed and released.

21 inches 6lb 5oz Career Best Largemouth Bass
It's safe to say the 2011 year is off to a phenominal start. The 1st trip out Toby catches a lifetime 12.1 lb largemouth. My 4th trip out I catch my 3rd biggest Smallmouth and my career best Largemouth. It's gonna be a damn good year....

No comments:

Post a Comment